A Rural Christian Conference Centre

St Swithin’s House is set in around half an acre of informal gardens in the centre of the village of Barston.  Situated close to Solihull, Birmingham and Coventry it is ideally located on major roads  (M42/M6/M40), rail (Birmingham International) and Airport  (Birmingham International) links with the rest of the country.

About the House  

St Swithin’s House started life as a half timbered glebe farmhouse in the 1600’s before eventually becoming the vicarage to St Swithin’s Church.  When it became empty during 1979 it was put to use by the local church and also became a place of retreat for parish groups and young people from Christian organisation and inner city churches.  Following a full restoration the St Swithin’s House Trust was set up as a charity to administer and look after the building and ensure its continued use.

The self-catering accommodation in the refurbished house is now let for daytime use with the options for overnight stays for meetings, house parties and other activities that encourage Christian beliefs and help extend the knowledge of Christ’s love to others.

St Swithin’s House is also available as a Church Hall for the parish of Barston and its parishioners.